Philip is a good boy, a really good boy, who accidentally gets sent to Hell to become the Devil’s heir. The Devil, Lucifer, is...

Guest Post || Kenneth B. Anderson, Author of The Devil's Apprentice


Philip is a good boy, a really good boy, who accidentally gets sent to Hell to become the Devil’s heir. The Devil, Lucifer, is dying and desperately in need of a successor, but there’s been a mistake and Philip is the wrong boy. Philip is terrible at being bad, but Lucifer has no other choice than to begin the difficult task of training him in the ways of evil. Philip gets both friends and enemies in this odd, gloomy underworld—but who can he trust, when he discovers an evil-minded plot against the dark throne?


Even though the story (mostly) takes place in Hell and deals with themes like evil, death and free will, it is also a humoristic tale about good and evil seen from a different perspective. A tale that hopefully will make the reader – young or old, boy or girl – laugh and think. – Kenneth B. Andersen



Goodreads/Amazon


I actually had mixed feelings when I saw that the next book being reviewed by The Write Reads was Kenneth B Andersen's The Devil's Apprentice. 

Mixed only because I had already reviewed it earlier this fall as part of a tour with R&R Book Tours and I knew that it was such a fun read! 


Check out my review Here!

I'm very excited to be able to tell you that Kenneth B. Andersen has agreed to do a guest post on Cats Luv Coffee Book Reviews instead!


“Isn’t it boring to be a writer?” 



I do a lot of talks in schools, talking to students about my books and about being a writer. It’s a nice way for me to get away from the computer and – being a former school teacher – I really enjoy talking to the students. And – being a writer – I really enjoy being reminded that there are readers out there. They always have a lot of questions and almost every time the above question comes up - usually asked by a boy in the 8th grade. And the question is legit and totally understandable, because what does a writer actually do? You sit and look at a computer screen, containing nothing but letters, all day long. For a kid in the 8th grade it’s very hard to imagine anything more boring than that.

My answer to his question is, that he’s absolutely right. I think it sounds boring, too – the keyword being sounds. Because being a writer is without a doubt the job where you get to travel the most and where you get to see the most amazing places! Just a few examples from my life as a writer: I’ve been to Hell, I’ve seen the future, I’ve had tea with Death and I’ve visited Santa’s workshop.
Because when you’re sitting there writing, you’re not just sitting there writing. You’re with your characters in whatever world you’ve created and that’s as exciting as … well, Hell. Just like reading isn’t about staring at letters, but being sucked into another world and another mind, being presented with ideas you never would have come up with yourself. Ideas that might inspire you and sometimes even change your way of thinking.

I started writing because it’s an easy way of telling stories. Grab a pen and paper or turn on the computer and you’re good to go, ready to travel to other worlds. It really is that easy. The not easy part is writing a good story. That takes time, effort and practice. But as scary as the blank page can be, it can also be very inspiring: Worlds are waiting to be born, and you are the one who can create them. So is being a writer boring? No, it’s like being God. Literally.  The only difference between me and God is that I get paid for my job (okay, that might not be the only difference, but you get the picture 😊) 

Connect with the Author

Kenneth B. Andersen/Twitter/Facebook /Instagram